• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about new dime and camera

6 posts in this topic

I have a coin with full detail and a barely noticeable with a loupe. It has stunning rainbow toning on the obverse and a slight orange color on reverse. I paid $8 as a gamble on this one. Now that I see it, I think it could be valuable. Would this even have a chance at a 67+ or *, or even 68'ing? Also, I have an iPhone 4s camera currently. Is there an affordable camera that is better for photographing coins?

IMG_1230_zps78e3458a.png

IMG_1230_zps78e3458a.png

IMG_1263_zpsd517d6b3.png

I been asking the same question. However, I found that you will be able to resize your photos on photobucket, etc, You will be able to bring out the color, well, you can try that before you run out and spend money on a camera.

You appear to be saving your file as a png file. Try saving it as jpg file. I think the png file is limiting the size of the posted picture and creating all the extra space between images.

Classic mint set toner....even without better pictures I would say you have probably a 95% chance of getting an MS66 on that coin. Why do I say that with confidence.....? Well I have sent in a high number of mint set toned coins and the average grade for dimes in MS66 (thumbs u