• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quickie Plug on CNN About $2 MM Coin

14 posts in this topic

http://money.cnn.com/video/luxury/2014/10/01/this-dollar-coin-is-actually-worth-two-million-dollars.cnnmoney/index.html?iid=S_Taboola

Says what we all know: a few big buyers of coins, domestically or internationally, can really drive prices.

True but stories like this also fuel the little guys by bringing interest into coins or "back" into coins.

Who knows, maybe somebody will see this report and go, "Hey, I used to have a penny collection! I wonder what its worth today?"

Before you know it, there's a new poster asking whether or not that 70-S is a small date.

Before you know it, there's a new poster asking whether or not that 70-S is a small date.

Hey, that's better than having someone on another site asking if their road kill is a DDO and how much is it worth.

Chris

Hey, that's better than having someone on another site asking if their road kill is a DDO and how much is it worth.

Chris

The only dumb questions are the one's which are not asked.

Yes, it's irritating when they question the obvious response but it is what it is.

I'm sure that moneyhoney is raising a few eyebrows but the questions are valid.

The poster will either figure it out or just lose interest at the complexity that this hobby contains.

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought it was 2M not aware of what MM means. Regardless to how dumb a question sounds, it can be answered. You guy are pros and I know nothing about coins, trying to learn and it's really a let-down. I am going to continue to as "dumb" questions because it isn't dumb to me when I don't know.

by the way, what question was it that I asked "would raise a few eyebrows?"

I am going to ask questions and I don't care how dumb they sound...good to know I can get a laugh, when I learn something I will probably be laughing at myself...are you guys strong enough to do that?

moneyhoney, don't worry or feel bad. Everyone at one point or another has had to ask dumb questions. That's how we learn, it doesn't matter if it's collecting coins or at your job. how are you going to learn if you don't ask?? I learned from others here in this forum and also by picking up a couple of books. Even the Internet is a powerful tool to learn from. So go ahead and ask no matter how dumb or silly it may be. Heck that's how I started out in this hobby, and some may remember that I too may have asked a dumb question or two. Happy collecting.

moneyhoney,

Had you clicked on the link you would have seen the video talking about a rare coin that is expected (hoped) to sell for $2 million at auction.

I haven't seen any recent publicity about Stack's auctioning an 1804 dollar, so I'd think it may be in an upcoming auction, just as one of the four Confederate half dollars will be in their March Baltimore auction.

Maybe, but the coin in the video looked to have some serious adjustment marks across Liberty's bust and the Pogue coin is described as if it's a lot nicer.