• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE POSTED -- 1911 Mexico Caballito Peso

10 posts in this topic

Been on the hunt for one of these with a nice strike and booming luster. I finally added this one to my collection. The coin is the size of a US Morgan Dollar. Guess the grade!

1911_Mexico_Peso_LongRay_NGC_GTG_nolabel_composite_zpsf99e55cc.jpg

That is a very attractive coin. I'll jump on the 66 bandwagon as well. These coins often come semi-prooflike - but I don't think this one goes all the way to PL.

I really like your photos as well - the way the lighting emphasizes the relief is really good.

NGC thought it was an MS62. My grade is MS64. This is one of the nicer strikes I have seen on this issue in the 3.5 years of searching for one since early 2011. I'm not complaining though, as the MS62 label means I paid a lot less for this lovely coin. ;)

This coin puts my horses coin set at 230 pieces. :grin:

1911_Mexico_Peso_LongRay_NGC_MS62_composite_zps787852bd.jpg

Cheers, Brandon

If he had left it raw it would still be a MS66 :whistle:

Now that the 'experts' got ahold of it - it might be a MS63 ???

But look at the bright side. You can always send them more money and get a better grade. (thumbs u

I am not familiar with the series, but the coin looks very clean to only be assigned a MS62 (based on the size of the coin). Had you not posted the grade, my response would have been more in line with the others. It is a very nice coin; very neat!