• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB NGC MS69 ATB Quarter business strike

11 posts in this topic

First I'd really like to thank the Collectors Society family for helping me find two very difficult coins that I hadn't been able to get a hold of.

Now for the next difficult coin. I'm looking for an NGC graded MS 69 America the Beautiful quarter business strike, no SMS. The only ones I've seen lately are the same ones that have been listed for a year or more at the same buy-it-now price. With the pops going up on these coins, they have been selling at $100-$250 when run on auction style...which truly shows where the market is on these coins. Unfortunately I never seem to be watching when these coins come up...very frustrating. According to the census report, there are around 80 currently floating around so I'm hoping someone has one they are willing to part with.

Thanks again for your help.

would you like to pick one out for yourself ungraded and submit it for the grade you need? I have rolls of ATB quarters--also I have unopened mint sets P&D from the varying years of issue of the America the Beautiful quarters--might even get an MS70 or two.....PM me if interested and I'll provide a list of the ATB's I have, and I'll give you a fantastic price since the market is down on raw coins and I have bunches to sell..Jackson

That's a great offer, but no I'd rather purchase one that's already certified. I would definitely take you up on it if I had the patience to pick through coins anymore, but thanks for your offer anyway. :)

First I'd really like to thank the Collectors Society family for helping me find two very difficult coins that I hadn't been able to get a hold of.

Now for the next difficult coin. I'm looking for an NGC graded MS 69 America the Beautiful quarter business strike, no SMS. The only ones I've seen lately are the same ones that have been listed for a year or more at the same buy-it-now price. With the pops going up on these coins, they have been selling at $100-$250 when run on auction style...which truly shows where the market is on these coins. Unfortunately I never seem to be watching when these coins come up...very frustrating. According to the census report, there are around 80 currently floating around so I'm hoping someone has one they are willing to part with.

Thanks again for your help.

I would be interested to know where you have seen Business Strike ATB quarters slabbed in NGC MS69 going for $100-$250 in auctions? I own a Pop 1/0 Chickasaw (2011-P) MS69 business strike quarter, and I value it at around 3 times the top of your range ($750-$800).

There are not a lot of MS69 ATB business strike coins to go around. Seems there are the most of the 2013-D Peace (27), 2014-D Arches (13), and 2014-D Everglades (21). The last Everglades Denver quarter in MS69 sold on eBay in a true auction in July for $356. Outside of those three "common" condition rarities, you won't find a pop 1 or 2 coin for anywhere close to $250.

Best of luck!

Those are the exact coins I am referencing. The Peace sold 3 times this year for $142-$176, and the Everglades sold for $279-$356. The lowest values are the most recent auctions, with the first auctions ending higher and going down from there. I'm not interested in Pop-1 coins because all it takes is for one more to come up and the price drops fast. All of these are ebay auction style listings...unfortunately ebay no longer allows older sold searches from what I can find. As they get older, like the state quarters, the prices will drop significantly...michigan's are now selling under $80. So considering this, and the sales this year being $142-$279, it doesn't take a huge leap to consider prices of $100-$250 especially when someone isn't paying fees. We're on the same page, but yes, thank you for clarifying that I am not looking OR expecting a pop-1 or pop-2 for that kind of price.

wow--didn't know that MS69's were selling for that much--may have to buy a few of these ATB rolls nd mint sets myself and send in a dozen or so for grading.

PS: I recently purchased this really cool digital camera which goes all the way to 50x zoom. Nice for me who knows little about the complexities of picture taking but wants really close detailed imags of coins--it makes for easier grading of small nicks, hairlines, etc...

Sorry to hijack your thread..best of luck in your hunt....if I get a few 69's or even a 70 I'll let everyone know when they're for sale.

You'll probably have better luck with the mint sets. The main seller of top pops on ebay says that's where he gets all of his from. There's very little guessing that way. You actually get to look at the coin before you buy the set, unlike with rolls where it's 100% chance. Good luck in your hunt as well and let me know how you do. There are also very few MS69 coins from 2009, so you might look at those too. Cents and quarters both are very slim if they exist at all in MS69 from 2009.

You'll probably have better luck with the mint sets. The main seller of top pops on ebay says that's where he gets all of his from. There's very little guessing that way. You actually get to look at the coin before you buy the set, unlike with rolls where it's 100% chance. Good luck in your hunt as well and let me know how you do. There are also very few MS69 coins from 2009, so you might look at those too. Cents and quarters both are very slim if they exist at all in MS69 from 2009.

Mint set coins from 2009 are SMS/Satin Finish coins. You won't find MS69 business strikes among those. Same goes for 2010. From 2011 onward the mint set coins have a normal "business strike" finish, but are still specially handled so you'll have better luck of making high grades for 2011 to present.

Mark DiLauro (datentype on eBay) goes through thousands of coins to send off only a few that he then hopes will grade top pop. Jackson, it might seem easy to make an MS69 modern coin, but it's not! MS70 is a pipe dream...I wouldn't even attempt it.

Wow, great info :) Which really explains why the higher grades aren't showing up for those years, thanks.

And yeah, Mark is my go to guy. Almost all of my modern coins have come from him.