• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1965 25c DDO FS-101

17 posts in this topic

Just got my 1965 25c DDO FS-101 graded NGC #2639420-002. Turn out to be an MS62. Very cool

Pictures?

Try using BGC's Cert Verification Page.

http://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/index.aspx?CertNumber=2639420-002

Found this interesting.....

NGC Coin Price Guide: $0.86 ?????????? Huh????? lol

Just got my 1965 25c DDO FS-101 graded NGC #2639420-002. Turn out to be an MS62. Very cool

Pictures?

Try using BGC's Cert Verification Page.

http://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/index.aspx?CertNumber=2639420-002

Found this interesting.....

NGC Coin Price Guide: $0.86 ?????????? Huh????? lol

I might as well look at a pic i took....

Ok, I'll bite. Washies are in 'my wheelhouse', as are a lot of varieties, but not this one. Without my looking, are there auction records on this coin? Is this major enough where the $850-$1,000 guide could be in line with the coins value?

Not sure what a washies is or your wheelhouse is. But The Cherry pickers guide has it listed. It not a secret and also Other websites list the variety and price a AU58 sold for 575 in 2012, But prices go up and down. Are you new to coin collecting. I'm new maybe we can help each other out. Do you know how to take clear pictures of coins to post them on online and what is a washies?

Not sure what a washies is or your wheelhouse is. But The Cherry pickers guide has it listed. It not a secret and also Other websites list the variety and price a AU58 sold for 575 in 2012, But prices go up and down. Are you new to coin collecting. I'm new maybe we can help each other out. Do you know how to take clear pictures of coins to post them on online and what is a washies?

Um, no, not new. Been at it for about 9-10 years. Though, if early on, I hadn't gotten absolutely sucked in to moderns--a 4 letter word to me!, as well as the good ol' U.S Mint products, I very well would have a more uniform, concentrated collection.

At least I never picked up the telephone to call Mike Mezack, who is the 'coin show' host on ShopNBC, or called HSN. Though, collecting moderns, I may as well have. (I'm NOT knocking modern/U.S. Mint product collectors)....BUT, to YOU, mchenry mike....DO NOT pick up that phone, go to the websites of, those selling 'coins' on the various TV 'shop at home' stations....JUST BACK AWAY FROM THE PHONE OR COMPUTER if you EVER get the urge...you WILL live to regret it!!!

BUT, to answer your direct questions....

Just FYI (lingo here): Washies= Washington Quarters

As far as 'wheelhouse....(My definition, here): Wheelhouse.....it's the ''power zone' that a batter SHOULD, by %, whack the ball if it falls into a certain portion of the strike zone, their 'comfort zone' while at the plate...some like it high, some low, but they are so 'consistent' (ok, 1 out of 3 is considered consistent in baseball), it's referred to as their 'wheelhouse'....the most comfortable part of the plate when they see the pitch coming.... I used it as "Washies are my 'wheelhouse'....meaning, I feel more comfortable/more confident, of my ability to grade these on my own, due to it being the first series I buckled down and LEARNED about, through reading literature, some through trial and error. The Washie varieties, I've ventured into them, some obvious ones are no-brainers, but there are sooo many varieties for a series that's 'only 83 years old'! ;) Though, I don't do Proof coins, so that narrows down the # of varieties.

Speaking of the Washington quarter being 17 years shy of 100 years, I wonder if they'll commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Washington quarter, especially where it started as a one-year commem??? Why not? They are now commemorating the anniversary of any old coin (instead of re-introducing real artwork on coins, which USED to make our coinage BEAUTIFUL WORKS OF ART), now, they are minting nothing that Dan Carr couldn't produce [not knocking Mr. Carr's work].