• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planchet/Lamination error?

6 posts in this topic

It is what is commonly called a lamination error. (The nitpicky purists call it a delamination error.)

Unfortunately, it has little value, if any, over that of a common wheat cent.

TD

It is what is commonly called a lamination error. (The nitpicky purists call it a delamination error.)

TD

I agree with you in all respects, Tom. Unfortunately, on SleazeBay there will always be someone who will give this sort of error a dumb name such as "Scalped Abe" and there will also be bidiots who will drive the price up.

Chris

TD

I agree with you in all respects, Tom. Unfortunately, on SleazeBay there will always be someone who will give this sort of error a dumb name such as "Scalped Abe" and there will also be bidiots who will drive the price up.

Chris

the bidiots, thats on place thats full of them. :(

I was able to talk a dealer into what I felt was a substantial discount on a bust half because of a lamination. Though I liked the coin itself, and found the lamination an interesting addition to the coin. :grin: