• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRD 5 Mark 1951 - 1974 Set Complete!

3 posts in this topic

This coin completes my set of 5 Mark pieces from 1951 - 1974. It's pretty beat up but is the key to the series (60,000 minted) and will have to do until one in better condition comes along.

5%20Mark%20Obv%20@%20640.jpg

5%20Mark%20Rev%20@%20640.jpg

Congratulations on complteing your set of 5DMs!

I notice the catalog values for some of the West Germany coins are really eye popping. In your experience while putting this set together did you have to pay anywhere near catalog?

-JamminJ

Congratulations on complteing your set of 5DMs!

I notice the catalog values for some of the West Germany coins are really eye popping. In your experience while putting this set together did you have to pay anywhere near catalog?

-JamminJ

Most of the set was obtained from E-Bay-Deutschland and the rule of thumb seemed to be 1/2 of catalogue value for "average" pieces but very nice coins with few ticks and blazing luster would go for at least 3/4 catalogue if not more.