• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crossover

12 posts in this topic

I decided to cross these coins to NGC at any grade. They are all Lithuanian inter war coins. How do do you think I'll fare ? Slideshow for larger images

1925 1 centas PCGS 67 now NGC 66

19251cPCGS67_zpsfc93265a.jpg

1925 5 centai PCGS 66 now NGC 66

19255cPCGS66_zps6cbeed16.jpg

1925 2 Litai PCGS 63 Now NGC 62 (not surprised)

19252LitaiBPCGS63_zpsfaf1998c.jpg

1936 2 centai PCGS 64BN now NGC 63BN

19362cPCGS64BN_zpsb7ecd38a.jpg

1938 10 Litu PCGS 64 Now NGC 64

193810LituPCGS64_zps32dcb23b.jpg

You are much braver than I am, I would have just enjoyed them in their PCGS slabs.

In general, NGC will probably be a bit less optimistic than the assigned grades from PCGS. I hope you don't have a ton of money tied up in 1 or 2 grade level differences for these coins.

Best of luck!

I agree with brg5658. My experience tells me that you should expect at least a one grade reduction on each coin from their PCGS assigned grade. In your case, however, I hope that they are equal at cross or even one grade better !

Regardless of the holder or TPG grade, they are all excellent examples. Keep up the good work and enjoy your collection !!!

Thank you. The number on the slab isn't that important because I feel they are nice coins. I am only collecting Lithuanian coins for my sons and myself . I would like 5 uncirculated sets and I have about 15 coins in PCGS and 15 in NGC and 20 raw I plan on having graded. I guess wanting all the same type slab is more important then the number. It seems NGC is more respected for non U.S. coins and less expensive to slab.

By the way JoeyUK -- they are splendid looking coins. I have always really loved the Zikaras rendition of the Lithuanian rider.

Zikaras_Rev_zps9b119bcb.jpg

It's also very cool that Lithuanian coins have essentially used this mounted rider design for 500 years! Here's my oldest coin with the rider. These little 1/2 Grosz are very affordable, it might be cool to add one of these to each of your 5 sets also, for the historical aspect. :)

1547_Poland_HalfGrosz_NGC_MS63_composite_zpse179abee.jpg

Very nice set, and good luck with your submission! (thumbs u

-Brandon

Thanks. Just dropped it off at the post office. I traded for a book Coins of Lithuania 1386-2009. A Catalogue which has nice pic and info going back that far. Even when Poland and Lithuania were united Vytis,the chaser was on the coinage along with the polish national emblem.

My focus is the inter war period when Lithuania was free. My wife and I have family that came over during this time. I also put away mint sets from 1991 forward.

Grades have posted for me. No big surprises. Unbelievable turnaround time. I sent them in world value crossover (any grade) tier expecting to wait three weeks. They were received 10/7 grades posted today 10/10.

grades_zps669785f3.jpg

Thank you both. I crossed at any grade because like you said the coin are just as nice no matter the number. It is just my OCD that wants them all protected in the same tomb. I will most likely send in a small batch each month.

I hope you don't have a ton of money tied up in 1 or 2 grade level differences for these coins.

I have been thinking about this sentence. I may be unique but I realize prices are always changing. I do not record the price I paid. I do not consider them to have a monetary value because they are part of my collection. When the time comes to sell for personal needs or upgrades they become just a commodity and I research the current value.

Do not take this as being critical of what you said rather it reminded me of my rather strange view of value.