• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these two morgans good candidates for conservation?

2 posts in this topic

I have two coins, one is a NGC 1884-O MS62 DMPL and the other a PCGS 1878-S MS63. On the first, the coin is littered with little tiny black dots that I assume to be carbon spots (I don't have much expertise in carbon) with very nice mirrors. The other has PL surfaces (it appears) but the coin has a mottled (and somewhat unattractive) darker gray toning on it. I know that you'd need to see it in person, but are these two types of problems the kind of problems that NCS can handle and still have it pass through certification?

Thank you.

Neil

Your two coins do sound like good candidates to be submitted for an evaluation. Once we receive your coins, they would be put through an evaluation to see what work should be done, whether your coins will maintain a minimum grade, and whether work will be beneficial. If conservation is to be done, your coins will then be cracked out of the holders, conserved, sent to NGC for grading after the conservation. The problems you describe are typical of the types of coins we work on.

Chris, NCS Customer Service

cshappell@ncscoin.com

866 627 2646 ext 212