• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whitman Winter Expo posted by DJStevenson

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

For grading or new slab

I am going to Baltimore Convention Center on 30 Oct. I have never been to a coin show. I would like to know how the process goes for re-slabbing coins. I have about 30 with the old style. Is there a discount for so many? Must I stay for the 3 days? Do they do them overnight (re-slabbibng)? Must I do the Early Bird Registration? Does the registration count for my whole family? Here is a Picture with me and Joe when I was young on a Submarine.

15941.jpg

See more journals by DJStevenson

Why do you want to have 30 coins reslabbed? Are they defective? Why not use the same money to take the NGC grading class or buy a new coin or two?

Check the authentication & grading company websites for delivery times and costs. Coin shows are set up much like any other flea market, except most of the dealers are selling coins, not knock-off tool sets.

I think the Whitman show is free,so just get a badge when you first register and you're good for the whole show. Each person needs to register.

EarlyBird cost extra and is only useful if you are going to make larger purchases or want to be "first" to look at dealers' inventories. Probably of no value to you.

Who is "Joe?"

Stevens,

Enjoy the Winter Expo!! Check the schedule for different classes and talks on items you wish to learn more about. Any and all questions and thoughts on coins you have should have some great answers at the show if you run into the right people there.

let us know of your experience at the show later on!!

Later---Rick

I will be there. The LSCC meets at 9AM on Friday and is finished by 10AM which is when the doors open to the public. Meetings have been pretty well attended as of late, and there is a good mix of dealers and collectors.

I'm thinking the town will be crazy if O's are home in WS that weekend, could happen!

Have fun !

Rich