• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Clad High Relief Kennedy Low Grades and High Auctions posted by LJRambo111

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2014 Kennedy D SP69 Auction hits 2,550.00 on Ebay

I purchased my 5 sets of clad Kennedy's and bought two sets at the ANA Chicago show. I was very lucky to get a 2014 P SP69 and a D SP68 from NGC. I was really surprised to see how low the grades were in the population report.

Acorrding to NGC's population report there are only 18 sp69's with a P mint mark and only 11 sp69's with a D mint mark. I had a tough time finding this population report because they are under the PF sets.

One auction I saw on Ebay went to over 2550.00 for the 2014 Kennedy SP69 D.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/261580758176?roken=cUgayN

I'm baffeld why someone would pay this much money for a $5.00 clad Kennedy. The US mint still has a limit of 5 sets per household, but I'm sure they will lift the limit soon. What happens when the limit is lifted and people grade a bunch of these coins looking for a high grade? Am I wrong wondering why someone would pay $2,500 for this coin?

Worse yet Anacs has graded 1964 sets f the Sp69 kennedy's for their first day label. NGC's population must be close to the real percentage of 69's but people are scarfing them up for 300 a set. Scratching my head. Are people just buying coins without doing their research

Am I wrong feeling that once the limit is lifted NGC will get a bunch of these coins graded and the population will incease for the SP69's?

Why would anyone put creedence in ANAC;s SP69 sets? Really 1,964 sets for their first day label? I'm sure a cross grade would show different results.

Is ANACS getting more like ICG now?

Attached Files:

15918.jpg

See more journals by LJRambo111

I think the Pops might be low because people just don't see the value in getting these graded. If they continue to sell for big $$, more people will send in their sets for grading. Of course, that will put a lot of downward price pressure on this coin.

In general, I agree with you.