• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i love these eBay photos

14 posts in this topic

I am assuming that the eBay seller thinks the images will bring a lot of attention to his listings and encourage bidding. For me, intentionally altering photos produces the opposite effect.

nah, i think it's an honest mistake.

I am assuming that the eBay seller thinks the images will bring a lot of attention to his listings and encourage bidding. For me, intentionally altering photos produces the opposite effect.

yllanoitnetni ti did eh kniht I.

Chris

Chris

eerga I.

?taht ekil kool nioc a ekam yllatnedicca eno seod woH

Chris

eerga I.

?taht ekil kool nioc a ekam yllatnedicca eno seod woH

:makepoint: gnorw lla ti tog ev"uoy kniht I

What's the difference between an "honest mistake" and a "dishonest mistake?"

An honest mistake occurs when there is a lack of knowledge of an issue, a dishonest mistake occurs when the lack of knowledge of an issue is used to deceive. My definition.

Carl

What's the difference between an "honest mistake" and a "dishonest mistake?"

An honest mistake occurs when there is a lack of knowledge of an issue, a dishonest mistake occurs when the lack of knowledge of an issue is used to deceive. My definition.

Carl

I think you are correct, but it is much less amusing than the political definition.

When you err, it's completely benign and innocent. When someone errs and it is convenient to you, it must have been dishonest/nefarious.

(I obviously post this in jest).

I'd say the difference is the level of intent to defraud.

Honest mistake = "accident" (positive or neutral connotation) or "negligence" (negative connotation)...no level of intent to defraud.

Dishonest mistake = "deception", "deceit". In intelligence a "dishonest mistake" is synonymous with "Disinformation"...the whole point is to convince a person of an untruth.

But yes, I'd say the word "mistake" generally implies no intent. So I'd say that "dishonest mistake" is a bit of an oxymoron. You can't make a mistake on purpose. It's no longer a mistake if you add intent.

I don't know how you get a mirror image of a digital photo. I post pictures from a database where they are so tiny that unless I recognize the coin's overall look I have to check to make sure I've posted the right pictures.

I then look at every listing and check for overall accuracy, mis-spellings and completeness.

Look like nice coins though, I'll bid $150.00..............