• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with a coin

3 posts in this topic

Hi !

I need your help with a british coin.I have a 1917-L George V gold sovereign coin almost uncirculated.I saw its price in the World Coins Catalog,between 5500 u$s and 10.000 u$s.My only concern is to know if it is not a counterfeit.I would like you to write a list of the common characteristic issues of a fake of these coins.

I have already weighthed it and the weight is exactly to the genuine one,it has no seam in the border and it seems like it was never been filed anywhere.

Do you think i should list it in ebay.com or should i try to sell it by myself taking in count that i live in Argentina?

Well thanks for your time,many greetings from this side of the world.

Esteban - greetings! You should send the coin to NGC for grading. This is the very best way to guarantee the authenticity of the coin and greatly improves its liquidity. Also, you can then be assured of a relatively accurate market grade for the coin in question.

Hoot

By all means get the coin certified before trying to sell it on ebay or anywhere else. A guarantee of authenticity will increase the value and if it shown to be a copy you'll save yourself a lot of headaches in the future.

Many greetings from this side of the world Esteban.