• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Bucks promotion - 4X Bucks on $150+ purchases - what did you get?

10 posts in this topic

so ebay offered (2nd week in a row) a bonus quadruple ebay bucks on all purchases of $150 or more

Bonus Offer! - Earn 2X eBay Bucks on any item $50 or more until 8/27

Bonus Offer! - Earn 3X eBay Bucks on any item $100 or more until 8/27

Bonus Offer! - Earn 4X eBay Bucks on any item $150 or more until 8/27

didn't do much buying in coins on ebay this month (i did almost maximize ebay bucks for the quarter on electronics i bought and flipped) but i did get these two. not a "steal" by any means, but the extra bucks are always nice!

last week ($442; $407 with the promo) :

1_zps6dfee38c.jpg

2_zps597a0e90.jpg

and today ($270; $248 with the promo) :

3_zpsb3caa0e0.jpg

4_zpsb7dfe8b7.jpg

Did you take advantage of the promotion? post pics in comments!

Nice additions!!! For someone who doesn't collect busties, you seem to be adding a lot of them lately. ;)

1835 GTG post

THANKS!

i really don't collect busties as a set.

since i realized i have 5 or 6 different dates that were all toned to some degree, i decided to try assembling a toned only LE halves set of the one-per-date kind.

i'll be working on it very slowly.

P.S

since you linked to the 1835 thread..

I actually just got new images of it, done by Bob Campbell. excellent work by him, as expected. thanks Bob!

fullsizeobv_zps15db1b74.jpg

fullsizereverse_zps746f6acd.jpg

P.S since you linked to the 1835 thread..

I don't know why, but I just recalled that post and the opening statement of not collecting them and then stating you had bought 6 of them.(and now 2 more) Just seems to me to be a collection of some type. In any case, a very nice non-collection you have going then!! I really like the color on that '33. Looks to have a decent amount of luster left for a 45. , ;)

I don't know why, but I just recalled that post and the opening statement of not collecting them and then stating you had bought 6 of them.(and now 2 more) Just seems to me to be a collection of some type. In any case, a very nice non-collection you have going then!! I really like the color on that '33. Looks to have a decent amount of luster left for a 45. , ;)

no I know.. that's how it starts: "I don't collect these, I'm just getting a couple, and a couple more. and another one..." and then I suddenly have a half set lol

i was just using your comment as an excuse to post these images lol

that 33' really does have potential with its color and luster, but it will be competing for the 1833 spot with a REALLY nice coin. won't be easy kicking this one out:

1833_CBH_PCGS_AU50_obv_fullsize_zps58a47d32.jpg

Nice coins.

And, nothing against the OP, as I have been known to enjoy ebay bucks as well, but the posted thinking is just what ebay wants.....someone to "discount" the price from the item purchased at the original time.

But, that isn't it. You are paying FULL price for that item and the ebay bucks come to you later (end of quarter + 1 week usually). You THEN get the discounted amount when you buy something at that time.

So, if you are lucky, and diligent, enough to find a follow-up item that you would have purchased anyway, it is all groovy gravy.

However, some folks have it expire, some folks buy things just to use it, and some folks OVERPAY to buy something and it brings it down to normal price.

So, it is really "I bought something for $500 but really only paid $475", etc.....it is, "I bought something for $500 and have $25 coming back to spend in the future...IF I can find what I want and hope the purchase price is fair"....

That all said....I don't think one could go wrong with either of those '33s!

no I know.. that's how it starts: "I don't collect these, I'm just getting a couple, and a couple more. and another one..." and then I suddenly have a half set lol

i was just using your comment as an excuse to post these images lol

that 33' really does have potential with its color and luster, but it will be competing for the 1833 spot with a REALLY nice coin. won't be easy kicking this one out:

1833_CBH_PCGS_AU50_obv_fullsize_zps58a47d32.jpg

I like the look of this piece.