• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess The Grade

21 posts in this topic

As always, judging from pics. Reverse scratch not that distracting. Luster looks very good. Yes, pics show minor hits. Hammered strike for a CC issue. Strong MS65 and 66 would not surprise me.

Carl

My grade would be MS-64, but I've seen Carson City dollars get "a push" now and then, so MS-65 would not surprise me. I would not buy it as an MS-65. Like Mark Field, I also wander about the scratch (?) under the "T" in "UNITED" on the reverse. The graders might have missed that one if it is a scratch.

Honestly, I'd call it a low end 64. And that was before the blown-up pictures re-inforced that idea.

Those of you guessing 66 should probably go look at an actual 66 and compare it to this one.

It was a 64 first gen rattler. So based on the guesses from you guys I see that it was accurately graded on today's grading standards. Thank you guys for participating.