• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - Beautifully Toned 1964 MS Lincoln Cent

15 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a beautifully toned (Star Quality) 1964 Lincoln Cent in MS 65 or better to complete my birth year set.

Please PM with pics and price.

Thanks - Mike

I do not see very many star quality, nicely toned 1964 cents... In fact, im not sure I have ever seen a b.s. 1964 cent that was nicely toned at all. I do however have a 1964 proof cent that is double sided rainbow target toning, graded by NGC PR67star. It is the best toned, 1964 cent I have ever seen period, but it is a proof. If you are open to a proof, let me know. otherwise, good luck in your hunt my friend.

:bump:

Having a tough time finding one I like. POP report says they're out there.....

Anybody?

The population report will tell you the number of starred pieces, but a number of them may have been for reasons other than the toning. Reasons might include semi-PL tendencies, incredible luster, etc. I don't regularly collect moderns, but I do look at the occasional toner, and I don't recall seeing many 1964 business strikes although I have seen proofs. I wish you luck on finding one!

Edited: If all else fails, buy a cheap roll of red/BU coins (available even in nice condition for a small sum) and try to make some using albums and other natural means. Some of them might not be attractive, but maybe one of them will be.

:bump:

Having a tough time finding one I like. POP report says they're out there.....

Anybody?

The population report will tell you the number of starred pieces, but a number of them may have been for reasons other than the toning. Reasons might include semi-PL tendencies, incredible luster, etc. I don't regularly collect moderns, but I do look at the occasional toner, and I don't recall seeing many 1964 business strikes although I have seen proofs. I wish you luck on finding one!

Edited: If all else fails, buy a cheap roll of red/BU coins (available even in nice condition for a small sum) and try to make some using albums and other natural means. Some of them might not be attractive, but maybe one of them will be.

There are many areas where the star can be ambiguous. While I agree with your (Kenny's) comment in principle, most if not all of the star coins in the population for this coin and date are likely colorful coins (not PL or "exceptionally" lustrous).

Good luck!

I do not see very many star quality, nicely toned 1964 cents... In fact, im not sure I have ever seen a b.s. 1964 cent that was nicely toned at all. I do however have a 1964 proof cent that is double sided rainbow target toning, graded by NGC PR67star. It is the best toned, 1964 cent I have ever seen period, but it is a proof. If you are open to a proof, let me know. otherwise, good luck in your hunt my friend.

I was going to start the proof set after the BS set is complete.

Send me a pic and a price - I'm open to starting that set early. ;)

Thanks - Mike

I purchased a large group of mixed dates Lincolns a while back and most are end rollers. I just went and checked and I have two rainbow end roll toned 1964-D Lincolns that may or may not be star worthy but they are attractive for the date. Best I could do on short notice :facepalm:

Combo1.jpg

combo2.jpg

Shane, I was looking for PM's with pictures and pricing. I missed your response to the thread.

The one with obverse toning looks pretty nice.

Let's talk price.

How about you send me your address and I will just send them to you...that way if they aren't star worthy your not out any cash anyway and perhaps you could use one for a filler in the mean time. (thumbs u

Outstanding! It's the same address that you sent the beautifully toned coins I've purchased from you in the past. ;)

Address sent via PM.

Thanks Shane, that's very nice of you (thumbs u

So Shane sends me the two cents he posted here - and I like them both. I contact him about a price and he says - They're yours, I'm giving them to you, glad I could help out!

Thank you Shane! (thumbs u

Your most welcome...sometimes being a dealer has to take a back seat to being a collector first (thumbs u

Shane, you are a class act. So good to see how you share your success.

Carl