• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Submission and NCS???

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I asked this question in the ASK NCS forum at the beginning of the week and still have not heard back anything and don't even see the post so I wonder if it got lost in some way.

The question is... I have 10 foreign coins I am about to submit and while I was putting the order together I noticed that 2 of the coppers have some verdigris and would be a candidate for NCS. Would I need to pull those out of the submission and send in separately and is there a five coin minimum for NCS or should I just get them graded with the others hen send them back after holdering?

Thank You

Have a great day

Jim.

• Administrator

Thank you for the question. There is no minimum submission requirement for the NCS Standard Conservation with NGC Grading tier. There are five coin minimum submission requirements for the Modern Gold Conservation with NGC Grading and Modern Non-Gold with NGC Grading tiers. NCS submissions must be submitted separately from NGC submissions and must be on an NCS submission form.

If the coins would benefit from NCS conservation you should send them to NCS before NGC grading because otherwise you would have to pay the NGC grading fee again after conservation.