• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What coin would you buy if it hit the market?

5 posts in this topic

An 1838-C half eagle in EF-45 to some level of AU with attractive, original surfaces.

That coin would complete my Charlotte and Dahlonega mint gold coin type set to my way of thinking. Given the population report information and my own observations, finding such a coin is very difficult despite the mintage and the number of overall survivors. I have had opportunities to purchase an unattractive example of this coin several times.

There's only one coin that I'd automatically buy if I knew it was up for sale. It isn't incredibly valuable or even all that uncommon but it has certain qualities that make it virtually unique.

I bought it in the Legend Morphy auction. 78-cc in a GSA soft pack that I waited six years to come to the market after I missed it the first time. Paid dearly, more than most would have but I wanted it so I refused to be out bid.

oh my..........................

there are many that i would LIKE TO BUY if they came onto the market but cant afford................. so

sadly i cant answer your question