• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dansco Peace Dollar album shortage

12 posts in this topic

I'm not sure this is the best place for this question. After buying and making , at lest decent starts on albums for Kennedy Halves, Walkers, Ikes , Washingtons.... I figured I would try to put together an XF or better group of Peace dollars combining raw coins and slabbed ones I'd replaced in my set with upgrades.

Getting the coins is progressing well, but the book not so much.

Do they run out periodically or as on seller's site seems to suggest, did they stop making #7175 ?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Several available on eBay.. (shrug) a quick search came up with 3 being auctioned right now...

Besides, you can use any silver dollar pages and change the date under them, or better even - buy the blank silver dollar dansco pages and make your own album

I bought one this year via Coin Supply Express, so they are around, (although it's currently out of stock).

They have it listed as "out of stock." I have requested that they notify me when they came in.

The ones on e-Bay are either used or with some coins. I did consider 7174 but decided the the temptation to chase late 1890s Morgans would lead to my ruination.

I've got one, if you'd like....but there are 24 Peace dollars in it... ;) Just began the project this year, filled it, and upgrading as I find nicer examples. Had I THOUGHT these would be difficult to get, I'd have bought a few more (though, 'LarryPQ', within the last year to 18 months, DID comment that Peace dollars were getting 'hot'). It's odd, as there was a shortage of the 7070 Type albums not long ago, now this. WTH is going on??

The guy that owns/runs Dansco apparently is not keeping up with replenishing stock or making new pages for current albums.

I think its time Dansco was bought out. They have become the defacto #1 album manufacturer and there's a demand for their product but no one is minding the ship.

Same thing happened at Capitol. They were recently bought and they do have new products but a lot of their NOS is gone. And their custom work is so expensive now its not even worth the investment.

Try finding boxes for Capitol holders - they are non-existent. If anyone has boxes for sale, Im a buyer.