• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Rare 1990 Double Die SBP Rhode Island MM

10 posts in this topic

I was very fortunate to chance upon an EXTREMELY RARE once in a lifetime find and decided to offer it for sell here first before sending it to Legend, Stacks, or Heritage if it fails to sell.

I am offering this 1990 RHODE ISLAND MINT SBP token that you can clearly see the mint mark (as it is very prominent), as well as the

EXTREMELY RARE DOUBLED DIE VARIETY

which boldly exhibits massive spread and could possibly be the best example known to date.

The existing known population of - ONLY 4 - other specimens, without a doubt, places this token in an exclusive category of one of numismatics

TRUE RARITIES!!!!

I have compared this token with pictures of the other 4 known examples and all experts

to include Chum Lee from Pawn Stars

all agree this is by far

[font:Century Gothic]THE FINEST EXAMPLE KNOWN!!![/font]

I am asking a very reasonable $229,000.00 which is far below the true value of this exquisite piece.

You would be wise not to let this pass you by

Price of Silver will always rise!!!

1990_Rhode_Island_Doubled_Die_Showbiz_Mouse_Coin.jpg

First :takeit: gets it ;)

:roflmao::applause:

That was hilarious! nice close up pics of the doubling lol

P.S

Sadly, I sometimes see serious listings similar to this one, on eBay :facepalm:

You know.... as much as I would truly love to have the honor of owning such a rarity. In today's crazy world, I just cant get myself to spend that kind of money on it raw.... sorry...

maybe if I had some professional I do not know, put his/her "stamp of approval" on it I would feel more comfortable that it wasn't a fake. What would be really nice would be if it were slabbed... lets slab it and circle back. Another opinion on it would be great, especially if they gave it two thumbs up instead of one or something dreamy like that..

You know.... as much as I would truly love to have the honor of owning such a rarity. In today's crazy world, I just cant get myself to spend that kind of money on it raw.... sorry...

maybe if I had some professional I do not know, put his/her "stamp of approval" on it I would feel more comfortable that it wasn't a fake. What would be really nice would be if it were slabbed... lets slab it and circle back. Another opinion on it would be great, especially if they gave it two thumbs up instead of one or something dreamy like that..

I would just like to add that if it also was noted on the slab that it is the first one graded, well heck, that would really be nice! lol

yonico - I even through in the 'Silver Will Rise" .. hehehehe.

:grin:

You are right. I should have never tried to sell this thing raw.

Now I have been given an idea. hm

Sorry to have taken up real estate on the Money Marketplace and thanks for the understanding from real sellers. I can only hope that many got a chuckle.

Phillips - you have first dibs on it when it returns. ;)

You are right. I should have never tried to sell this thing raw.

Now I have been given an idea. hm

Sorry for the bump, but I can't help thinking to myself that you should try getting that holdered in a "FIRST PLAYED" slab.

yonico - I even through in the 'Silver Will Rise" .. hehehehe.

:grin:

i was going to say! i love it when they put that in auctions that sell copper coins :screwy:

that's too funny