• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The gift of caring

3 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago a small coin dealer's was broken into & robbed. The shop is owned by a husband & wife who have struggled to establish themselves in their community. They have a well deserved reputation for the ultimate in fairness & honesty in their dealings with their customers.

This robbery had put this small coin shop out of business for good. Then a small group of collectors from the Coin World Forum stepped forward and offered to help by making donations & offering to send collectible coins to help restock the lost inventory. Local collectors who were the customers of this shop stepped forward as well. The owners of the shop were overwhelmed & shocked that such a thing could & did happen.

One of the Forum members found an attorney who agreed to draw up the papers (gratis) to set up a Trust Fund at a local bank for the owners. Another member set up a web page to supply the necessary information for donations & inventory contributions. Almost everyone who has heard this story agreed to help out in some way in order to keep this small family business in operation. Even my 11 year old son offered to donate a part of his collection towards the effort - I nearly burst with pride !

In this day of hype & misinformation which is rampant among too many of the coin dealers & sellers - the coin collecting community cannot afford to lose one of those dealers to whom such things are unknown. Honesty & fairness are far too rare in this world these days.

I would ask that you spread this story of kindness & generosity to others in the hobby. In the hope that some may also wish to help. Please visit the following site for information - Small Business In Crisis