• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are my chances.....need opinions on this Morgan!!!

8 posts in this topic

Never purchased one of these old PCI coins before, but it looked pretty clean so I said what the heck. So is this coin an MS65 or is their a chance it might actually grade out to a MS66 if submitted to NGC or PCGS????893crossfingers-thumb.gif The picture isn't showing a lot of luster, which concerns me a little, but I am hoping it's a little flashier in person.

If you think there's a chance for an MS66.....what are the odds....say 10% chance, 50% chance etc......Thanks thumbsup2.gif

1880 S PCI MS66

I don't know. The coin seems lack-luster to me. But then again, what do I know about Morgans? confused-smiley-013.gif

jom

You see what I see.....if the coin has the luster in hand then I think I got a steal as it was a brand new listing. If it's flat and over dipped......then I will just leave it in the holder and enjoy the mark free surfaces 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never had one of those early PCI holders but I would like one some day. I have had about five of the old green (former Hallmark) slabs. They seem accurate or even conservatively graded. I have only cracked one of them to be graded by NGC. It was a 1917 Walker in MS63. It's now in an NGC MS64 holder. yay.gif

I think it would be an easy 65 and maybe 66 or better depending on how it looks in hand. Great score! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice coin.I think you have a 50/50 chance of it being a 65 or a 66.It's a shame PCI dosn't grade the way they used to.If that coin was graded 66 in a modern holder you'd be lucky to get a 64 back from PCGS!