• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005 Quarter images posted

11 posts in this topic

They aren't awful. Better than past years.

I kind of like the Kansas design. Never thought of it as a buffalo state. Never really think of it at all...

Minnesota appears to have stolen the Loon dollar from Canada.

As for California, I can predict the two questions the average school child in CA will have with the quarter. 1) Why is Abraham Lincoln on the California quarter. 2) Since when is Yosemite in California. foreheadslap.gif

As for California, I can predict the two questions the average school child in CA will have with the quarter. 1) Why is Abraham Lincoln on the California quarter. 2) Since when is Yosemite in California. foreheadslap.gif

Dolts.

Hoot

As for California, I can predict the two questions the average school child in CA will have with the quarter. 1) Why is Abraham Lincoln on the California quarter. 2) Since when is Yosemite in California.

Welllllllllllll......... Don't just leave me in suspense here! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm guessing that Abraham Lincoln is on the CA quarter because he drove the Golden Spike into the completed transcontinental railroad. I guess having Yosemite on the quarter with him is kind of odd since the spike was driven in in LA, wasn't it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What do I win?!?!? insane.gif

As for California, I can predict the two questions the average school child in CA will have with the quarter. 1) Why is Abraham Lincoln on the California quarter. 2) Since when is Yosemite in California.

I agree with point one, but...

Yosemite National Park - located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of central California - is a setting so spectacular and awe-inspiring that it is often referred to as the "Crown Jewel" of the National Park system.
- YosemitePark.com

I think I understand your point...The Bear, Gold, any number of other things come to mind when I think of California.

Overall, these are better than the last couple of years...less clutter and more on point.

I'm afaid I don't get it......are you saying It's not in CA???

Just joking. When I think of CA, I usually think of LA or Southern CA. Yosemite definately does not look like Southern CA