• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Millennium Set SAE

8 posts in this topic

I have an ICG slabbed Millennium set SAE that I would like graded by NGC. Is it possible to tell the difference between a Millennium SAE and a regular SAE if I crack it out of the holder and submit the coin raw? I have read some posts on this forum that they are the same, but others claim that there is a discernable difference.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

These coins do not differ from the regular issues, so NGC would not label one as Millennium Set if it were submitted raw. We will cross one already so labeled in an ICG holder, assuming that it meets the minimum grade.

Yes, you should send in the Millenium Set intact (minus the dollar bill) and we will put the Millenium Set description on the holder. There is no extra fee for removing from the original packaging in this case.

Why did NGC change their policy on grading this coin and now designating it a "Millennium" coin when there is absolutely NO difference between it and other 2000 coins outside of the packaging?

Hi Pat,

Since the inception of NGC labeling the coins sent in original Millenium packaging, we have labeled the Silver Eagle as being from the set if it was. It was a choice on our part to add the extra information to specify the Silver Eagle as being from a original Millenium Set package.

Thanks,