• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Copper Weekend posted by Six Mile Rick

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Trade SILVER for Copper ???

Friends,

This weekend was a different switch as of the regular. Thursday I went to a local coin shop to trade Silver coins for Coppers. He had mentioned before that he was wanting to rid of all his copper stash.

As he had a nice group of Indians and large cent pieces I figured it would be a fun task. I ended up getting 2 books of wheats, 1 book 1909 to date, 70 rolls of memorials, 50 rolls of wheats, 70 large cents, 50 indians, and a few hundred wheats and memorials in 2X2's. I went through the wheats in the 2X2's and found around 30 DDO coins and a clipped 1930's coin. Don't know what I am going to do with the rolls and extra books yet but I don't need them. I already have almost a complete raw red set in my collection and I don't do RPM's on the Lincoln's. HINT!!

Here is a pick of one of the book pages.

Later--Rick

15722.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Hi Rick,

I've had many times in my life where I've traded silver for base metal, though in my life it's been mostly zinc and nickel. In fact, I actually sold platinum to APMEX to buy a new piece of zinc goodness.......a killer upgrade for my German 10 Reichspfenning Reichskreditkassen set! It sounds like you got a pretty good haul there and I hope you find something awesome in there!!

Power to the base metals!!!

~Tom

Justin,

Thanks for grabbing all those wheats!! It's always a pleasure doing business with you. :)

22 lbs. of wheats and some large cents and Indians --- SOLD!!

Rick