• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Grade in) 1890CC morgan

19 posts in this topic

F details.

Please explain why details? Is it the small scratch on face?

Yes. "Small" is relative, but it does not look small to me..

The stains on the obverse are a big turn off for me as well

Sorry :/

F details.

I was worried about that scratch. (Didn't catch it at first until the right angle and light...really show on the photo vs in hand.

The stains were a concern also but I figure conservation could possibly solve that problem. They do take away from the eye appeal greatly IMO.

Thank you for the reply/opinion.

F details.

I was worried about that scratch. (Didn't catch it at first until the right angle and light...really show on the photo vs in hand.

The stains were a concern also but I figure conservation could possibly solve that problem. They do take away from the eye appeal greatly IMO.

Thank you for the reply/opinion.

No problem.

Don't worry too much about it..

By conservation I'm assuming you mean conserving it yourself at home..?

Cause the fees to professionally conserve and grade the coin, would almost equal to buying a whole new problem free coin in Fine condition..

Good luck!

you definitely do not want to "conserve" that coin my friend.. hopefully you haven't already done so.

Coins that are circulated like that come out looking "washed out" and totally wrong in general after any attempts at a conservation. ..... That's my opinion on it. leave it cause its as good as it is gonna get the way it is.

f-15 details. Obverse scratch and chemical stain make it not worth the F-15 grade. Reverse is f-15 with small grooves on breast and across left leg not distracting enough to downgrade the reverse.

who was it graded by? happy for you that you got a straight grade but i doubt it was through NGC or PCGS? perhaps you could post a full slab pic, maybe we can see the coin from a different angle?

who was it graded by? happy for you that you got a straight grade but i doubt it was through NGC or PCGS? perhaps you could post a full slab pic, maybe we can see the coin from a different angle?

I wanted to add. The first responder nailed this coin. It is on it's way back from NGC now...came out F15

I wanted to add. The first responder nailed this coin. It is on it's way back from NGC now...came out F15

thanks.. that post was edited and I didn't see it

I'd still like to see a full slab pic

or the serial number to see a pic of it it on the NGC verification tool