• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Raw 1908 $2.5 Indian AU50. SOLD

2 posts in this topic

Coin has hairlines but they look to me from circulation. Not cleaning. The coin does not looked cleaned to me. AU50 has never been my favorite grade for that reason but this coin has a natural

Look you would expect for a circulated gold piece ( regardless of how my not so good pictures turned out). I bought this raw, took it to the local shop. When this coin was weighed the digital reading bounced between 4.1 and 4.2 grams. A genuine weighs 4.18. Dealer said he knew it was good gold but wasn't sure it was authentic because the stars didn't touch the edge but he would buy it for melt. I said thank you for your time. Went home took a look and he was right the stars don't touch the edge and I said to myself star 5 comes pretty close. Broke into Heritage archives and searched 1908 $2.5 gold. Didn't have to go past the second coin, an MS66. This coin on Heritage had the stars that did not touch and the 5th star was the closest one to the rim. My coin has a raised rim for most of the lower half of the obverse, sure enough so does the MS66. Good enough for me to guarantee this is genuine full refund including grading fees and postage (I am only guaranteeing authenticity). $239 includes shipping and PayPal. 3 day return for any reason. Let me know if your sending it in, authenticity guarantee is good for as long as it takes.

imagejpg1_zpsafe4bea0.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsb9fb257a.jpg