• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC reholder

6 posts in this topic

If I send in a slab that has damage to the case (not sure if it has been cracked out and replaced or not) will NGC send it back, reholder it, or grade it if it isnt the grade shown. Not sure what to do with my situation.

HELP!

NGC is pretty awesome in terms of customer service... I would call them if I were you, whoever answers should be able to help you and get you all straightened out...

1 941 360 3990 is the number, if you need a toll free number, it should be on the website under contact us...

They'll reholder it for a fee.

If they feel the original coin has been replaced or tampered with you will hear from them. Low odds.

Lance.

ReHolder fee is $10 for the regular holder, and extra $5 for the Scratch-Resistant holder.

I have nearly two NGC boxes of coins that I have marked for needing new holders. Some coins are worth only $200 each, but I figure adding them into the submission package only costs me about $17 each for the Scratch-Resistant holders. If I can't polish out nearly all the plactic scratches, I want a new holder.

A number of my coins are in NGC 4 holders from decades ago. Years ago I reholdered most of my old fatties, but still have some left, mostly on small gold pieces. I figure the air leakage with the old holders would not affect the gold pieces.