• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1956 D Lincoln Cent

11 posts in this topic

Any comment on this Lincoln cent?

I see when magnified the Mint mark looks possibly doubled and one has the mint mark up close to the date. I included one picture of a normal date with mint mark (first picture).

Snap_2526x351.jpg

b25863b8-d2ad-4f13-94bf-92cd3f4fd217.jpg

Snap_7247x235.jpg

995b7bc6-2177-4a00-a904-66a4329f5c24.jpg

Not a double die, minor repunched mint mark. I did not see it listed in the top 50 RPM's and I don't think it would have any premium.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The RPM is also CONECA's RPM-006, which is a more widely recognized reference. The mintmark tucked up under the date is fun, but variety collectors don't consider it to be noteworthy, as there are many Lincoln Cent dies with odd mintmark placements.

Mint marks were punched into each working die. Position, orientation and depth will vary. No premium unless it is something spectacular.

Thank you everybody. I figured that there was nothing interesting.

One thing I got out of it was nobody asked for a better picture so I guess my little Andonstar USB Microscope took some good up close pictures.

Thanks again!

This is a listed RPM (CONECA RPM#6) so is of interest to LC RPM collectors. This type of RPM, with CCW or CW rotation as only distinguishing feature between mintmarks, is not as valuable as one with wider separation, but they do command a premium vs the non-RPM issue. It's worth a few dollars if in BU condition.