• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG: 1894 Barber Half, PCGS

10 posts in this topic

I've wanted to post this coin here for some time now, but never had good enough pics to show. well, now i do :grin:

fellow member Brandon (aka brg5658) offered to image 5 coins for me, free of charge. I am very thankful for his offer and I knew right away that this barber will be going.

thank you Brandon!

the pics came out beautiful! Brandon did a spectacular job with the camera :applause:

(*please recuse yourself from guessing (but not from commenting) if you know this coin. I know Mr. Feld here handled this piece 2 or 3 times so some of you have probably seen it before)

thanks for playing!

1894_Barber_Half_PCGS_PF63_white_composite_label_zps99259ae4.jpg

I haven't seen the coin in quite a while (2-3 years?), but my recollection is that it's lighter and the toning, more translucent, than seen in the images.

PR 64 due to numerous field hairlines, not enough contrast for cameo. Appealing toning.

Same here but PR63 for those obverse hairlines.

I haven't seen the coin in quite a while (2-3 years?), but my recollection is that it's lighter and the toning, more translucent, than seen in the images.
Are you eluding to the fact it may be cameo after all!

Are you eluding to the fact it may be cameo after all!

I was only speaking of the toning and not commenting in any way on grade and/or designation.

Correct. nice mirrors and lighter more vibrant colors.

from few different pics of the coin that i have, this one shows the details and the fields most accurately. I love this shot!

PR64 CAM. The field and device contrasts are sufficient to have a cameo designation. Field hairlines are light and not that distracting. Very handsome coin.

Carl

PR64 CAM. The field and device contrasts are sufficient to have a cameo designation. Field hairlines are light and not that distracting. Very handsome coin.

Carl

I will reveal the grade tonight.

yes, the hairlines are light and are not very distracting.

Ms. Liberty and the eagle both have some frosting with nice contrast, but because of the toning it is hard to tell if the stars, motto and parts of the legend are frosted as well. the coin sure makes a claim for cameo designation.