• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Few Additions to my CAC Type Set posted by geekpryde

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A Few Additions to my CAC Type Set:

1876 FIVE-CENT PIECE - SHIELD, NO RAYS PCGS MS45 CAC

1853 THREE-CENT PIECES - SILVER, TYPE 1 NGC MS58 TYPE 1 CAC

1921 SILVER DOLLARS - PEACE LIBERTY HEAD PCGS MS53 HIGH RELIEF

1818 QUARTER DOLLAR - CAPPED BUST, LARGE SIZE PCGS MS06 CAC

1917 QUARTER DOLLAR - STANDING LIBERTY, TYPE 1 PCGS MS55 TYPE 1 CAC

I picked up a few more coins in the last two weeks since my first ever NGC Journal entry. Here are the coins:

1876 FIVE-CENT PIECE - SHIELD, NO RAYS PCGS MS45 CAC

1853 THREE-CENT PIECES - SILVER, TYPE 1 NGC MS58 TYPE 1 CAC

1921 SILVER DOLLARS - PEACE LIBERTY HEAD PCGS MS53 HIGH RELIEF

1947 S QUARTER DOLLARS - WASHINGTON, SILVER NGC MS64 STAR CAC

1818 QUARTER DOLLAR - CAPPED BUST, LARGE SIZE PCGS MS06 CAC

1917 QUARTER DOLLAR - STANDING LIBERTY, TYPE 1 PCGS MS55 TYPE 1 CAC

You will notice that the 1921 High Relief does not say "CAC", that is because I have found it hard to find a nice XF45 - AU58 1921 Peace with a green CAC sticker. There are plenty of MS62...MS65 coins, but very many in nicely circulated, which is what I wanted and what I can afford. So I am gambling on the AU53 and will submit to CAC myself.

I have not seen several of these coins yet in-hand, but 1917 25c Type 1 is a stunner, and I hope the rest are as well. I do like aquiring a few nice examples of each month, and this lets me focus on the shrinking pool of coins. It is getting harder and harder, but recently I added a few more names to my "Dealer Directory" of dealer sites I check once a week or more. A really great discovery was a local dealer to me in Maine, Gerry Fortin. Site is great, and we sent a few emails back adn forth so I definately will be buying some nice seated dimes from him in the near future. Check his site out here: http://www.seateddimevarieties.com/

15601.jpg

See more journals by geekpryde

The CAC Type set is an interesting idea and pursuit, but it sounds like it can get a little tricky on you from time to time though!! It sounds like you acquired some very nice new acquisitions, and your 1921 Peace is a beauty!!

Best Of Luck as you continue your pursuit!!

~Tom