• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stacks Bowers Catalogue

4 posts in this topic

Let me set the scene

Yesterday My Secretary brings me through the USPS parcel and plonks it on the desk

" More coin buying coming up eh "

" Damn right ! It's been a while "

I think stow on the shelf and continually look at it during the day knowing that I've got a great night at home with the missus out .

Finally home , Dinner and a beer , Park myself in the couch and start running through it . Yes there is lots of interesting stuff and I'm marking down coins that I think will need further investigation . A couple of hours goes past and the missus comes back in and enquiries about my night . Great I said , Looking through this catalogue ,

Her reply . I don't see how you can spend a night looking through old catalogues .

What do you mean old catalogue?

Well that one looks out of date !

As I turn it over I realise the catalogue took over a month to get to me and the auction has finished .

Time for bed ?

I have never had one come to me that late, but some how Heritage never got around to sending me an Eric P. Newman colonial coin catalog, which is the one that would have interested me the most.