• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC redo their points occasionally? The $1 1886-ODPL makes no sense!

3 posts in this topic

I have gone back through the auction records (see the "Coxe Registry Pl Morgan" history also) and can account for only 7 Morgan 1886-O's in DPL. And there are zero gems, except the MS-67 Jack Lee/Miller coin. The Pcgs/NGC pops are full of resubmissions, talking to dealers, and the real number of DPL's seems less than 14 at most. Why is the weight so comparitively low compared to some confused.gif much more common DPL Morgans? This is a VERY tough bird to find in MS DPL!!!!!!!

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

As you may have noticed, there has been a big push lately to add new sets. This has precluded updating the scores for existing sets, but this will be done when things settle down a bit.

DWLange: Thanks for the consideration of this issue. I know it's busy now for NGC, and new sets do make sense in terms of time allocation priorities. When things settle down, I'm sure there's more than one Morgan out-of-sinc. to get it balanced fairly.