• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well, I may not have made it to Baltimore…

6 posts in this topic

But I did make it to the monthly Parsippany show, and look at what I was able to find.

659625-1913T2buffaloobv.jpg659630-1913T2buffalorev.jpg

A 1913 type 2 buffalo graded MS-66 in an NGC holder. It is sharply struck for a 1913 type 2 nickel and has great luster, but what makes this coin in my opinion is the wonderful rainbow toning it has! In fact, this coin is the nicest toned example of a 1913 type 2 nickel that I have ever seen.

David Lange notes in his book ‘The Complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels’ that 1913 type 2 buffalo nickels are not found as often with rainbow toning as the type 1’s, and from my experience this is quite true.

After going to four coin shows in a row without being able to find a Buffalo I was interested in, I was thrilled when I saw this gem glistening up at me from a dealer’s case. With my dry spell broken, the drive home from the show was especially satisfying!

John

Grrrrr....... mad.gif

Added: I want to know why John always just "happens" to bump into nice coins but I constantly see crapola out here? Please explain. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Grrrrr....... mad.gif

Added: I want to know why John always just "happens" to bump into nice coins but I constantly see crapola out here? Please explain. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Karma.

Nice coin, John! It'll look good in that amazing set of yours!

Hoot

Grrrrr.......

Added: I want to know why John always just "happens" to bump into nice coins but I constantly see crapola out here? Please explain.

jom

John lives in the metro-NY area; he has to have something to live for. 893whatthe.gif

Thanks for the comments about the coin guys.

Grrrrr.......

Added: I want to know why John always just "happens" to bump into nice coins but I constantly see crapola out here? Please explain.

Jom, the trick is to see past all of the crapola. wink.gif Of course as Hoot has already mentioned, the right karma helps also. 27_laughing.gif

John lives in the metro-NY area; he has to have something to live for.

Tom, there's a lot of truth in that statement! grin.gif

John