• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another round of Taler images -- Part 2

9 posts in this topic

I received another batch of Talers a couple weeks ago to photograph (17 this time -- from a well known board member here). Yet again, it was a real joy to see them up close and try my hand at imaging them.

I've posted them in chronological order by date below. Happy viewing! Some amazing eye candy for sure!

=====================================================

1564_Austria_ND_2Taler_NGC_AU55_gray_label_composite_zps91dbcbc4.jpg

1621_Austria_Taler_NGC_MS64_gray_label_composite_zps35b5206c.jpg

1632_Austria_Taler_NGC_MS66_gray_label_composite_zpsecfdb88c.jpg

1641_Augsgurg_Thaler_PCGS_MS63_gray_label_composite_zpsb0c54c4c.jpg

1660_Hungary_Taler_MS62_gray_label_composite_zps906648c6.jpg

1677_SHS_AustriaBreslau_Taler_NGC_XF45_gray_label_composite_zps6bd7c639.jpg

1682_Salzburg_Taler_PCGS_MS64_gray_label_composite_zps626e4407.jpg

1731_Bohemia_Taler_NGC_MS64_gray_label_composite_v2_zps0c17fbd3.jpg

1745_Austria_Salzburg_Taler_NGC_AU55_gray_label_composite_zps217d5c1b.jpg

1754_Austria_Salzburg_Taler_NGC_MS63PL_gray_label_composite_zpsdcad104a.jpg

1759_Bohemia_Taler_NGC_MS63_gray_label_composite_zps59f47ee9.jpg

1759_Austria_Salzburg_Hesselgesser_Taler_NGC_MS63_gray_label_composite_zps738e891e.jpg

1763_Hungary_Taler_NGC_MS63_gray_label_composite_zps8d7522c2.jpg

1781_Austria_Taler_D1267_NGC_MS63_gray_label_composite_zps24dd5f83.jpg

1789_Austria_HalfTaler_NGC_MS64_gray_label_composite_zpsb08f23e7.jpg

1820_Austria_Olmutz_Taler_NGC_MS63_gray_label_composite_zps91c45aab.jpg

1857_Vienna_2Taler_NGC_MS62_gray_label_composite_zps64519ec2.jpg

EVP and BRG - seems like a cemetery here, doesn't it? Where is everyone?

Agreed, so maybe we can make more of an effort to contribute? I've been in a dry spell lately with coins, but can try to put more time here. The forum software is nicer here.

It only takes a spark to get a fire going. And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing.

:D

EVP

It is always a ghost town here. People on this side of the street seem to only post in the US Coins section. I haven't really purchased much of anything lately...been on a bit of a dry spell (self-imposed though). I am hoping come July/August I will be able to get back in the swing of things...

Thanks for your replies EVP and Zohar. Here's hoping to hear more comments here besides...

cricket_zps15736d95.gif

Here's my contribution to this thread:

1603 Taler, Dav-5848, from the Teutonic Order. The dude is Maximillian I, HRE and Grandmaster of the Order.

This coin is not rare, but is conditionally scare in upper grades. And, while I think the coin looks ok in the image, I think in hand it looks to have a little bit more pop. Given the raging nationalism in Russia now, I can't help but think how fickle history and politics can be...

(I've posted this coin before, but maybe not here. The image is not by brg5658, so don't criticize him if you don't like this image.)

1603%20Teutonic%20Dav-5848.jpg

Oh yes. I remember you buying it @ CNG with Greg at your side. Very choice piece for the type which for some reason is evasive is high grades. Many minted, few survived this nice. The wear generally shows on the Grandmaster's face as well as that Lion on his left - in this one, it is very nominal.

Now you need the 3 Taler type.

I can talerate looking at beauties like this all day long.

*taking cover*