• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Women In Numismatic's (WIN) Fundraiser for Summer Seminar Scholarship

8 posts in this topic

As President of Women In Numismatics, I’m pleased to announce a fun and easy way for everyone to get involved and support numismatic education!

We’re holding a 25-25/50 raffle fundraiser, which means TWO lucky winners will each walk away with 25% of the total raffle ticket sales, and 50% will go directly to WIN’s scholarship program to ANA's Summer Seminar. Tickets are only $1 each or 6 for $5.

Each year, WIN pays for one lucky numismatist’s tuition and board for a semester at the American Numismatic Association’s annual Summer Seminar in Colorado Springs – and we need your help to keep this amazing scholarship program going. So pick up a ticket or two for your chance to "win" while supporting WIN!

You can pm or email me at charmy@thepennylady.com. Also, Amanda Varner (WIN VP) and I will be selling tickets at the Long Beach Coin show so be sure to stop by our tables (I'm at table 848 and Amanda's table is 515).

Anyone wanting tickets can send me a check made payable to Women in Numismatics, and I will send you your half of the ticket stubs, and put the other half in the basket for the drawing which will be held at the Chicago ANA. Here's my address:

Charmy Harker

P.O. Box 61987

Irvine, CA 92604

Thank you for your support!!

We just added a PayPal button to our website if anyone prefers to use that. Here's a link to our WIN website: http://www.womeninnumismatics.com/

There's a "donate" button at the right side of the page that will take you to PayPal where you can enter the amount for however many tickets you want to purchase ($1 each or 6 for $5). You will receive an email letting you know your name has been entered in the drawing on however many tickets you requested. We will record which ticket numbers have been assigned to you, and if you also prefer, you can request that the actual tickets be mailed to you.

The drawing will be held at the Chicago ANA, and winners need not be present! Thank you for your support, and a special thanks to those who have already ordered raffle tickets - it is much appreciated!

If we buy some, can you just PM us the picture of the stubs so it will save yoiu money? Just a thought for a worthy cause.

That's a good idea, but w'e'll just write your name on the stubs and put them in the bowl, so you don't really need the other half of the tickets because the tickets we draw will have the actual names on the two winning tickets, but we can mail you your part of the stub if you prefer.

Don't forget - I'll be selling raffle tickets at the Long Beach show this week, just see me at table 848. Also, Amanda Varner of Alhambra Coins will have tickets for sale at table 515.

We'll also be selling tickets at the ANA Summer Seminar - Amanda will be there the first week, and I will be there the second week!

Charmy

This is a wonderful work you are doing and I'm wholeheartedly behind it. If we had twice the women in numismatics that we have now, I'd still say it's not enough. I'm in for twelve tickets. The Paypal link is very easy to use. All the best.

Gary

P.S. I love your show reports!