• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC slab sci-fi and fantasy themed coins and prop replicas?

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Am a newbie to this forum (NGC), though been primarily collecting CGC slabs for years. Been collecting also, on the side, several comic book/fantasy/ sci-fi themed coins over the past few years and thinking of sending them in for grading/ slabbing. My understanding though is that NGC only grades or slabs certain types of coins/medals.

Here's a photo of a subset of the items I have:

imagejpg1_zps88bc1cef.jpg

So some of these (i.e. NZ $1 Lord of the Rings coins) are legal tender in some countries. Others i.e. the Tiamat wishing well coin replica from "Supernatural", replica Two Face coin from Batman, etc obviously aren't. Some are even square shaped ie the gold colored Battlestar Galactica coins at the left.

Does NGC slab/grade these coins, in particular the non-legal tender ones?

Appreciate feedback guys. Again pardon the ignorance as this is something new for me. Thanks!

• Administrator

Hi --

Thanks for the question. NGC will generally grade any legal tender or government-issued coins. We typically do not encapsulate privately minted modern tokens and medals.