• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1879 PCGS PF-64 Morgan for sale

18 posts in this topic

For those that might care and that collect plate coins, I think it is worth mentioning that this appears to be a PCGS Coinfacts plate coin.

You are RIGHT!.

Maybe I should send to CAC?

Thank You.

For those that might care and that collect plate coins, I think it is worth mentioning that this appears to be a PCGS Coinfacts plate coin.

You are RIGHT!.

Maybe I should send to CAC?

Thank You.

For expensive coins, I think it is gross error not to submit to CAC in most cases.

You may be correct. For now, perhaps a board member can get it for $4,500. This coin has never been submitted to CAC, but was previously a NGC PF-65, that I thought was a "no-brainer" cross over.

I may change my mind at any time and change the price.

Added: I will throw in an ASE of my choice of date AND a US proof set at no cost to the buyer.

For those of you wondering about the characteristic around 4:30 on the obverse, the PCGS photo over-emphasizes it. Here is a photo I just took regarding this area.

IMG_0856_zps98ee0dda.jpg

Here is another.

IMG_0857_zpsf9ae5deb.jpg

As posted by the forum administrator "Threads may be bumped once per day."

Usage guidelines for Money Marketplace: Here

What are you talking about?

I just posted this today. You seem to be such a jerk.

As posted by the forum administrator "Threads may be bumped once per day."

Usage guidelines for Money Marketplace: Here

What are you talking about?

I just posted this today. You seem to be such a jerk.

You have now bumped your own thread 4 times in the same day, despite the forum usage guidelines which (as I already posted) state "Threads may be bumped once per day."

And you call me a "jerk" and worse for having pointed out those guidelines to you.

It should not take a rocket scientist to understand that "once per day" does not mean two or three or four times per day.

Edited to add: When you don't understand something, it is generally better to listen, rather than insult those who try to explain it to you.

Very nice coin.

In case anyone cares:

I read the guidelines before I ever posted a coin here. I did not realize that interacting with, conversating with, or replying to someone who replies to your thread, about said coin would be, could be, or should be considered a "bump"... I do not recall anything in the guidelines specifying that replying to a comment, and "bumping" are the same thing.

Very nice coin.

In case anyone cares:

I read the guidelines before I ever posted a coin here. I did not realize that interacting with, conversating with, or replying to someone who replies to your thread, about said coin would be, could be, or should be considered a "bump"... I do not recall anything in the guidelines specifying that replying to a comment, and "bumping" are the same thing.

He bumped the thread by adding the close up shots. That WAS a violation and that was what Mark was referring to.

My recommendation would be if you have to add something later you can edit the original post (with the added photos or whatever) and that will NOT bump the thread.

OR

You can add the photos tomorrow during your next bump....

It's simple really....

jom

Very nice coin.

In case anyone cares:

A bump is a bump, regardless of its purpose or content. In many cases, a poster who starts such a thread can reply privately to a comment or question, without bumping the thread again.

Edited to add:

If someone pointed it out to you that you had bumped your own thread more than once in a day, I don't think you would start insulting them.

As bad as I want and need a 1879 proof of which yours is remarkable I just can't do business with anyone who starts with name calling a person for anything constructive. I wish you the best of luck and it shouldn't be that hard to sell; heck I'll probably ending up buying from someone else for more money in the future. REALLy a nice coin. Mark had a similar coin last year with awesome toning I should have jumped on then.

Just a question not an accusation: how does one know a coin has not been submitted to CAC before?

As bad as I want and need a 1879 proof of which yours is remarkable I just can't do business with anyone who starts with name calling a person for anything constructive. I wish you the best of luck and it shouldn't be that hard to sell; heck I'll probably ending up buying from someone else for more money in the future. REALLy a nice coin. Mark had a similar coin last year with awesome toning I should have jumped on then.

Just a question not an accusation: how does one know a coin has not been submitted to CAC before?

Regarding your question about CAC - I think the only way one could know that would be if he were the owner of the coin the entire time, since the inception of CAC and had not submitted it.

Some people say things like "This coin has not been submitted to CAC" when they really mean "I have not submitted this coin to CAC". I make no claims to know what the poster actually meant or knew in this case.

Perhaps Ngc admin should modify their software to NOT count the original posters replies as a bump, but rather an edit when posted within the marketplace within a given 24 hr period. A very simple software fix to keep the children from getting all testy...

Perhaps Ngc admin should modify their software to NOT count the original posters replies as a bump, but rather an edit when posted within the marketplace within a given 24 hr period. A very simple software fix to keep the children from getting all testy...

Was this post really necessary? You are guilty of contributing to the very thing you are griping about (inappropriate behavior and name calling with the use of "children"). Moreover, this thread died, and you felt compelled for some reason to bump this up?