• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about "reporting EBAY listings"

2 posts in this topic

Hello. I have read several threads here just in the last few weeks where a specific Ebay listing is discussed, and multiple members here said something along the lines of "I have reported this listing" "reported", or mentioned something like, "Ebay should step in If it gets reported" etc....

Can someone please explain to me specifics about "reporting" what one believes to be a shady Ebay listing? Is there someone specific who looks over the coin section, and fields these types of reports, or is it just a generic option Ebay has for all listings or what?

I also heard a guy say one time that he was appointed some sort of authority on a certain type of coin and so when he sees an ebay listing that isn't on the up and up, he has direct ability to intervene and do something about it (this was just a guy with no ties to Ebay, other than relatively small buyer/seller.)... Any truth to that, and if so, where would someone even begin to get their voice heard by someone who cares, or even has the ability to take some sort of action at Ebay???

Thanks in advance.

Chris.