• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dull MS Canadian Silver Dollars

2 posts in this topic

Howdy. I have a couple of Canadian silver dollars. Both are mint state. A 1935 graded ms62 and a 1936 graded ms64. Both have multicolored toning and an attractive old time patina look to them but the luster on both is pretty subdued. Would these be possible candidates for conservation as far as possibly restoring a bit of luster without changing the color? I realize you would need to see the coins to make a determination. I just got a new membership with a 5 coins certificate for conservation and slabbing and I'm trying to determine what coins to send in. Thanks

You are correct in assuming we would need to see the coins in hand to make any conservation determination, especially with such a complicated request. The type of request you are asking about is not completely outside the realm of possibility. I would strongly recommend that if you include a detailed note about your wishes with conservation on these coins on the submission form when these are submitted for conservation. As with any special notes, these are taken into consideration during evaluation and conservation. If there is indication that, for example, retaining the color would not be possible, we would not conserve the coin based on your request as indicated on the submission form.

Chris, NCS