• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

***SOLD***

3 posts in this topic

DSC_0059_zpsfcbadf6a.jpgDSC_0060_zpsbaee4576.jpg

Hello. I am listing this here, as a possible registry coin, because although its a top pop CAM, I am not quite sure how the point system on the SMS works. Are the FB SMS dimes more pursued or would this one be the "best possible coin to get" having the cameo and being a 69.

Anyways, It is for sale and available, I cannot find historical prices to compare. So, the only way I know of to somehow try and come up with value is the NGC price guide, and we all know how that goes...

If you are interested in this coin, PM me... Im open to anything.

Here is the link to the Ebay listing, Price is flexible.

EBAY LISTING - 1966 SMS 10C MS69CAM

THank you

Chris.

Chris, that's an interesting coin you have there. I had one of those dimes off the same die, note the blank spot between the cheekbone and the jaw, that graded 68 ucam. Very nice coin there.

Well, I was wondering about that... and to be quite frank, when I sent it for grading, I was sort of expecting it to go UC. I already had a couple sms dimes graded cameo, and this one is just so blatantly obvious more heavily frosted than any of the other cameos I had ever seen that I thought UC was a real possibility... I just didn't know how that break would affect the grade, I am guessing that its the only reason it didn't get the UC. I considered sending it back to try for the UC, but I cant seem to crack a 69CAM, 1 of 9, top pop coin...

At the end of the day, I think this is a special coin (considering that its a 1966 SMS dime), and regardless of whether or not its in a cam or a UC holder... I think it will make someone really happy... Its a stunner.