• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please post your killer rainbow REVERSE toned morgans AND..............

30 posts in this topic

It's impossible for me to pick one. I've got several that are quite nice looking. Given that this is my avatar, I'll post it. 1886 NGC MS64*. As to colors, generally green is considered, "the color of money"...

scAvatarRev.jpg

This NGC MS-65* 1887 Battle Creek pedigree Morgan Dollar is my favorite reverse toned Morgan. Although the blues on this coin are soft, my favorite color is cobalt blue, followed by the shades of red and green. What makes this coin especially appealing to me is the progression of colors much like a rainbow; green, red, orange, yellow, blue, and violet.

Gary

1826300_Full_Rev.jpg

20140502_131837-1_zps79f246f9.jpg

Sorry about the sub-par photo.. Here is my "best" reverse toned Morgan... I will have a better picture done asap.

As far as preferred color... well, early on, back when my interest in toned coins was still being built, I was told that the "neon green" toning was the hardest to come by/most scarce color of toning found on a silver coin.. That formed my preference, I guess it doesn't hurt that when you see one of those neon green monsters, it is like some sort of "divine event" or something.... I still do not own one that has much of this "neon green" color though... lol. They are not easy to find, and not usually affordable when you do..

I don't have any neon, vibrant, or magnificent color like those guys have. I only have those original or light toned Morgans on my signature below. I'm trying to find and buy the vibrant color Morgans, but oh boy, it's difficult to grab it!

I would say green, red and then blue in that order are the most desirable colors but it's really a personal preference to each individual collector. I don't know if I can find any images of reverse toned morgans hm

Newmorgan008ebay.jpg

NewProofs047.jpg

Test054.jpg

Test063.jpg

14169261r.jpg

Morgans011.jpg

KLRC1092.jpg

KLRC1096.jpg

KLRC1103.jpg

KLRC1109.jpg

KLRC1122.jpg

FUN2011a064.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment077.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment091.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment099.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment103.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment104.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment109.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment112.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment115.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment119.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment120.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment123.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment128.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment131.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment135.jpg

ShaneCanupConsignment138.jpg

1637559_Full_Obv_zps32532b84.jpg

016.jpg

Oops.. you wanted reverse toned..

1883Oo.jpg

Have to take a better picture of this.. color is rich in hand.

1887So.jpg

thank you to EVERYONE FOR THE great photos of monster color reverse toned morgans you all shared; as all are killer i never seen as such!

also

for sharing your super fantastic coins and which colors are extra special knowledge!

m

@A.Phillips

The key to collecting is narrowing your focus. I'm building a date set of reversed toned Morgan dollars. This lets me to save my money for the better coins that surface :-)

thank you to EVERYONE FOR THE great photos of monster color reverse toned morgans you all shared; as all are killer i never seen as such!

also

for sharing your super fantastic coins and which colors are extra special knowledge!

m

I agree with Michael. There are some mighty fine reverse toners in the thread. (thumbs u :applause:

New4023-1-1.jpg

WOW, just WOW! I really wanted to upload one of my two colorful Morgans but after looking at the above I might as well post one of those colorized dollars from coin TV; if I had one. Everyones' toned Morgans are awesome. Like others said before I think its a personal choice and I prefer cobalt blue crescent; the contrast with the blazing white.