• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Couple of Questions about MS68 Silver Libertad

2 posts in this topic

I have couple of questions about my coin. It has a few very little white spots on front and back, so want to send it in. If I do I hope from what I read it will not decrease the grade. And if it cleans well could the grade be upgraded? Also its in the new edgeview holder will you use the same holder or will a new holder be used. I understand you cant tell me without seeing the coin, but maybe a general idea of how succesful the process is, Thanks Jim

While not explicitly stated, it appears that your question is regarding a coin that is already in an NGC holder. When a coin is submitted already certified, a large part of the conservation process is an evaluation to determine both if conservation is beneficial and to ensure that the currently stated grade will be maintained throughout the process. If conservation is both beneficial and the grade will likely maintain, the coin will be conserved. Following conservation the coin will be graded with regular grading with NGC in an entirely new holder and certification number. Since all coins are being encapsulated in the edge view holders, the coin will be placed in a new edge view holder.

As for the spots, we would have to see the coin in hand to be certain. Some spots can be addressed through conservation and others, such as those known as milk spots, are less likely to be helped. We would have to see the coin in hand to determine what kind of conservation may be performed.

Chris, NCS