• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these two the same eBay dealer?

6 posts in this topic

Is simplycoins the same as oneforallforone?

I was watching this 1916S PCGS Certified $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle for $3,295 OBO listed by oneforallforone out of Dublin, Ohio that expired yesterday, then I noticed this 1916S PCGS Certified $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle for $3,500 OBO listed today by simplycoins out of Sound Beach, NY.

They both have a smudge on the reverse, that could be one the plastic, so I got suspicious and compared the certification numbers and see that they are both listing the same coin, albeit one after the other.

Does anyone know anything about these two eBay sellers? Are they the same company? Maybe they have a cooperative selling arrangement? What am I missing, if anything?

Thanks.

It's clearly the same coin.

I'd think the second seller bought the coin thinking it was "cheap" and now is trying to resell it. If you'd like I'll gladly ask for an explanation to keep you out of it if that helps you.

I do not know either seller.

I don't think they are the same seller because of their location: oneforallforone is from Dublin, Ohio and simplycoins is from Sound Beach, New York. I assume that Raisethis2 is right, the second seller bought it from the first seller to sell it for an extra profits.

I don't think they are the same seller because of their location: oneforallforone is from Dublin, Ohio and simplycoins is from Sound Beach, New York. I assume that Raisethis2 is right, the second seller bought it from the first seller to sell it for an extra profits.

+1

The same coin but likely different sellers.

Thanks. 1916-S Saints, even in MS65, are readily available. Plus, this coin is not so spectacular that it is a must have. I am more curious than anything else.

Dealer response:

"A handful of the higher end coins we have listed are on consignment with one of our suppliers. We will check with them to make sure they have the coin in stock to match the correct certification number. In the meantime we will pull the listing to make sure we do not oversell a coin that is not currently in stock. I appreciate you pointing this out to us as this kind of thing can be a headache to deal with."