• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I go to the Anaheim, Ca show in Dec?

25 posts in this topic

I haven't attended the Anaheim show for about 4 years. Should I go? From what I remember, it had about 20 local dealers. It will be a 200 mile drive each way. Give me some pros and cons since I can't decide. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Pros:

I'm sure with a little arm twisting you can stop by JamminJ's place and we can all get togehter for a lunch.

There are more than 20 dealers. I think around 35.

Cons:

There will be nothing to buy there.

Jom is close enough that he may join everyone for lunch. poke2.gif

Pros:

It will be warm-ish there in December, other than that? confused-smiley-013.gif

Cons:

It's Orange County.

That show can be fun if you want to chat with board members but if you're looking for high quality US coins, say classic commems, your selection will be limited.

I think Greg is right about there being 35 dealers total. My guess is you would have about three whose inventory you'd like to view closely. Lots of raw, cleaned Morgan guys a couple with slightly better raw stuff in 2x2s. One guy with cases full of bottom feeder slabs. A handful of dealers will have at least a few books/boxes of foreign coins. cloud9.gif

Con:

Limited selection of good quality coins.

Long drive.

Pro:

A lovely day trip to Orange County.

No need to bring a large wad of cash.

Always the chance of getting lucky and finding something good.

Pro or con depending on your viewpoint: wink.gif

Lunch with Greg, James and maybe jom. It can very easily be arrange at my place.

I think you should kidnap TJ and drag him down for the day.

-JamminJ

Pro or con depending on your viewpoint: wink.gif

Lunch with Greg, James and maybe jom. It can very easily be arrange at my place.

I bet Shiroh could even be tempted to join - provided he doesn't want to waste his time with his family.

I think you should kidnap TJ and drag him down for the day.

thumbsup2.gif

Do you think I could get a free lunch if I gave up some good secret coin stories? Is there much Mexican coinage at the show, or maybe some nice currency? Will you protect me from the mob of right wingers that hang out at this show? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Do you think I could get a free lunch if I gave up some good secret coin stories? Is there much Mexican coinage at the show, or maybe some nice currency? Will you protect me from the mob of right wingers that hang out at this show? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've yet to be charged for lunch at JamminJ's, so I would say that a free lunch is quite a possibility.

As for Mexico, there is a so-so selection of foreign. What type of Mexico are you looking for. I've got an 1860-MO FH 1/2R in NGC MS66 and a 1915 Oaxaca 1Peso in NGC MS64 that is extremely lusterous and has a wonderful strike.

As for the mob, we'll have to see...

"As for the mob, we'll have to see... "

Uh oh, that sounds scarey. 893whatthe.gif Should I pack a weapon? Maybe some Kung-Fu sticks? Your mexican coins sound interesting. How much do you want for them?

TRUTH

Jom is close enough that he may join everyone for lunch

How could you possibly think I'd want to join you clowns for lunch?

On the other hand I might consider it if Truth tells us some good "secret" info... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Jom is close enough that he may join everyone for lunch

jom

Because you have absolutely no life and you'd freely welcome some form of human interaction? hi.gif......sorry.gif

Even you can't spend all you time spray painting Buffalo nickels.

-JamminJ

Because you have absolutely no life and you'd freely welcome some form of human interaction?

I didn't realize you qualified as "human". I'll reconsider then.

Even you can't spend all you time spray painting Buffalo nickels.

Oh yes I can!

jom

Have you made a decision on whether or not to attend yet?

-JamminJ

Forum Usage Note® You are asking JOM; if that is to whom you directed your query, press 1 now.

How about a side trip to Hobby City.

I'm game. Is that the place you picked up the Grant when you tried to attend the Buena Park show?

-JamminJ

Yup, that's the place. Bought some cool Hot-Wheels there too.

Are Hot Wheels worth anything? I got a ton of those I bought many years ago....or I should say my Mom bought... grin.gif

jom