• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wild eBay Sales Story...Is it Miracle Money?

10 posts in this topic

So I have to share this with everyone here. I am unable to come up with a logical explanation for this. Maybe just my lucky day?....

I sold a partial U.S. mint set on eBay. The buyer received the set no problem. But he emailed me saying that in addition to the mint set, there were two $50 bills in the envelope.

So apparently I accidentally mailed him the mint set plus $100 cash. But here's the kicker... I never use cash. Never. I only use my debit card. So the odds of my having $100 in cash laying around is very very low.

Also it would have been a huge oversight for me not to see two $50 bills in the standard white envelope that I put the set in (which was in another larger envelope). So I have no clue.

Perhaps the biggest surprise is that the buyer is sending me the $100 back! I think most people would have just pocketed the cash and not sent the email. So my faith in humanity has just gotten a huge boost.

When I get the money, I'm going to send the buyer a bunch of coins as a thank you. But I am still at a loss for an explanation.

Miracle money? Conjured cash? Divine dollars?

There has got to be a logical explanation.

15373.jpg

See more journals by Mr. Smith Guesser

Paying it forward is ALWAYS a great idea, especially for such a worthy cause.

We do the same as often as we can, usually by mail to someone in our community picked at random out of our local phone book. It has seemingly worked for us on several small occasions since we began doing so about 3 months ago.

I encourage all to try it, not just for the return but also to make yourself feel good and to bring a little joy into this world we live in.

www.1spark.net

Check out this website to see more amazing stories devoted to sharing with our neighbors. My wife follows this site on Facebook and most of these stories are very comforting. Even people that post they were going to commit suicide until a good deed stops them from doing so - children also.

Michael

By the way... I plan on using the money to buy some food for the homeless people who live in the woods behind one of the nearby grocery stores down the street from me.

That is pretty surprising that random money turns up from an ebay buyer, especially when you have treasure hunters saying they would never, never divulge a trove find and greedily hide it from the prying eyes of all.

On charitable giving I like the precept to let your alms sweat in your hand until you know to whom to give it, though you have purposed that needy that you know should be the recipient. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newreply&Board=82&Number=7590298&what=showflat&fpart=1&q=1

I have heard of extremely generous people in the coin business, like the late Jack Kleinman. Rest in peace, Jack.

Luke,

You are a generous man as I well know from our dealings together. The generosity is always returned in time.

You might want to check out the mint sets you still have just a little better before you sell them too!! :)