• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Submission

9 posts in this topic

Time was running out on my 5 free submission coupon so I decided to do something a little different this year. I didn't buy a lot of ungraded coins this year so I cracked out 4 coins from my collection that I thought had upgrade potential. 3 in older NGC holders and 1 in a PCGS OGH.

Final results - 2 upgrades and two regraded the same.

The first was a 1943D in MS67 5FS, upgraded to MS67+* 5FS. :headbang:

Second was a 1900 O Morgan Dollar in MS 65, upgraded to MS66. PCGS OGH :banana:

Third was the 81S Morgan M63 with dark but colorful toning, regraded 63. I was disappointed with this one as I thought for sure it would * maybe even get to 64*. :tonofbricks:

Last of the crack outs was an 85 Morgan in MS63 DPL, regraded the same. :(

The 5th coin was a Proof 2001 Buffalo $1 it graded PF69UCAM.

All in all not too bad but I have a question.

I said in a previous thread that if the 81 S didn't * I would eat it. Can anyone recommend a good side dish or chaser for a deeply toned Morgan Dollar? doh!

I said in a previous thread that if the 81 S didn't * I would eat it. Can anyone recommend a good side dish or chaser for a deeply toned Morgan Dollar? doh!

Just don't brush your teeth with baking soda toothpaste before you bite into it as it may change the color. :)

Congrats on the upgrades, and as far the sides go...there is a distinct possibility that the Morgan will taste like chicken...I like coleslaw with my chicken.

Interesting Mike about the 1881 S as I had the same thing happen to me except it went from 64 DMPL to 62 no DMPL with excellent color and mirrors. Must have been bad timing for 81 S Morgans with color. Congrats on the others in the submission.

edit to add DMPL

Just don't brush your teeth with baking soda toothpaste before you bite into it as it may change the color. :)

Mac n' cheese is the best side dish with just about anything.

And for a San Fran coin, I'd recommend a bit of the Old West - definitely a whiskey chaser.

And for a San Fran coin, I'd recommend a bit of the Old West - definitely a whiskey chaser.

In my case the side dish would have been crow. lol

Mikew148,

I have submitted a total of 10 Proof 2001 Buffalo $1 in 2 different submissions in the past year. I had bought them from the mint in 2001, on the first day of ordering.

They all came back as PF69UCAM. Seems that 70's are pretty rare.

One of Mine >>

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinView.aspx?PeopleSetCoinID=1614376

In my case the side dish would have been crow. lol

Clever! :)