• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unintended Funny

8 posts in this topic

Courtesy of my brother

My brother was over one day when a coin came in for me; a proof Jefferson nickel. I showed it to him and he says , "So what is your collection worth? $35?" I stopped for a second and asked him if he was referring to the face value. He laughs and replies, yes. I had never thought about it before, but after 8+ years of collecting, my collection is worth less than $200. lol. It is always interesting to get a different point of view on something. Happy collecting, everyone!

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

lol. It is always interesting to get a different point of view on something.

hm

You're right. I have never stopped and looked at it from the perspective of a non collector.

That might very well explain why my level of enthusiasm over a 1873 G$1 Type 3 coin that is smaller in diameter than a common dime is typically not met with equal enthusiasm by others. And if I told them what I paid for something like that then they might have me committed!!!! ;)

Until it was turned over to the Smithsonian, the Philadelphia Mint Collection was valued as bullion.