• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got in a good sized catalogue

5 posts in this topic

From Alex Malloy. He covers ancient - 1600's. If anyone is looking for something in particular, let me know. thumbsup2.gif

I am looking for several thalers from before 1620. I'd like one each from the Bishoprics of Mainz, Trier, Cologne, and one the Rhine Palatinate (Pfalz). I'm not particular about the designs but the legends must inculde a reference to the each states status as an Imperial Elector - probably with the letters "EL" in the legend.

I'd really like to put together a set of thalers from the seven electorates of the Holy Roman Empire laid down in the Golden Bull of 1356. The other three, Brandenburg, Bohemia and Saxony are easy compared to the above four.

In theory I've been working on this set for a while but have not been able to add any tough coins. The closest I came was a Rhine Palatinate thaler sold in a Goldberg sale earlier this year but they would not honor Greg's/my bids. I was willing to pay more than the high bidder. mad.gif

-JamminJ