• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1879 $3 GOLD NGC AU55 Hurry

10 posts in this topic

Please see usage guidelines posted at the top of this forum. Among them:

"If selling directly form here, you must list specific items with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for. Links to auction sites exempt."

The images are decent, Jimbucks, better than some on ebay. A little story: the Yankee Peddler pawn shop and Brookfield Coin told me about a guy wanting to sell one of the truly rare $3 gold pieces, indications were it should be worth over $5K in AU though it was in and AU53 Anacs slab, the coin experts who saw it said it was all there for grade, but you never know with lower tier slabs. At any rate no one offered near what he was looking for. If he had walked into the HA headquarters or gotten offers at the Baltimore coin show, he probably would have been offered 90% of top dollar maybe full money if it was on want lists, but I doubt it as Anacs and ICG graded coins are treated as raw by the top pros.

It is relatively easy to get high resolution scanner images, Staples has done it for me when I am not near a scanner. Set it for 48 bit color, 500 pixels on a side minimum, 1200 dpi; jpeg image which you can then plug into ebay. Anyone can do this. Those ebay sellers whose images are too good get neutrals occasionally; "the coin was darker than the glowing ebay images". Not something you want to get.

"If selling directly form here, you must list specific items with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for. Links to auction sites exempt."

I have a link to the auction site with a set price and a "make an offer" option (and an offer under evaluation via Ebay), so what's the issue? Members promote their coins up for auction all the time in this forum (as they should).

I have a link to the auction site with a set price and a "make an offer" option (and an offer under evaluation via Ebay), so what's the issue? Members promote their coins up for auction all the time in this forum (as they should).

Sorry, I missed the Ebay part - I had thought Ebay would have been noted in the thread titel for that type of listing.

4/3 Update.

In an offer/counter=offer situation.

YOU can still get it, if you hurry.

You will not find another 1879 $3 gold in NGC (or PCGS) AU-55 for sale under $2,000 ANYWHERE. And probably not for sale at any price today.

It's called RARE. Did I mention they only made 3,000 of them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181355331589?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If a board member buys it I will throw in a nice ASE at no cost!